We participated in the Volunteering Symposium Gençlik organized by the Youth Beyond Borders Association and Marmara University Social Service Club.
Topics covered in the symposium:
- İnal Aydınoğlu (known as “Volunteer Teacher”) opened new horizons with her speech titled “Volunteer’s Vision”.
- Turkey’s first deaf ballerina De Tavaci performed a great ballet show.
- We listened to the story of why Volkan Usanmaz, who founded the Enlighten Society with his young friends, struggles to change his society and goes for miles with his team.
- Timur Erk, who has been educated in civil society for many years, showed us that hope is possible with his speech “Volunteerism of Common Stakeholders of Non-Governmental Organizations ”.
- Yüksel Demirkaya (an academician in the Civil Society and Governance program at Marmara University) presented “Perspective of Civil Society and Volunteering in Turkey” and explained justice part of it.
- We listened to the story of Yunus Emre Benli, who has been pursuing volunteer stories for years.
- We learned about the social entrepreneurship of Selçuk Keser, who described himself as a “learner” than before becoming a “teacher”.
- Büşra Gültekin from Yeşilay Association gave information about being a young volunteer who has spent time with volunteers for years.
* Sign language translation accompanied by volunteer interpreters who will take place on stage.
In this context, we met face to face with the participants and the representatives of the organizing team and gave information about our project orally.